Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Snowboarding culture is bold, therefore the designs reflect that culture



I went to a snowboarding shop this weekend to get some new stuff for an upcoming trip to Colorado. As I browsed the selection of goggles, boards, gloves, hats, and boots I realized from a designers point of view how happy I was to be a snowboarder and not a skier (no offense skiers). Designs in the snowboard world are a combination of bold graphics and bold designs, created to make a statement for anyone riding down the hill. My purchases consisted of a pair of Oakley goggles, a Burton Hate snowboard, a pair of Dakine mittens, and a Burton hat. Im not posting this to boast. I just think the stuff I got has some pretty cool designs and I am super excited about using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment